This is the ultimate grilled cheese. Three types of cheeses and bacon come together to make the best grilled cheese sandwich ever. Perfectly golden and crisp exterior, gooey bacon-studded interior. Definitely indulgent on its own and only needs a simple soup or salad pairing.
- 1 pack of candied bacon jerky
- 6 ounces extra-sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated on smallest holes of a box grater (about 1/3 cup)
- 12 (3/4-in.-thick) square-shaped white bread slices
Finely chop each slice of candied bacon. Toss together chopped bacon, Cheddar cheese, Gouda cheese, and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir together mayonnaise and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl.
Spread mayonnaise mixture evenly on 1 side of bread slices. Arrange 6 of the bread slices, mayonnaise sides down, on a cutting board; top evenly with bacon-Cheddar mixture (1/2 packed cup per slice). Top with remaining 6 bread slices, mayonnaise sides up.
Return skillet to heat over medium-low. Add 2 assembled sandwiches to skillet; cook, partially covered, until bread is browned on both sides and cheese is melted, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a cutting board. Repeat process with remaining 4 sandwiches.
Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles or long sticks, and serve warm.